Specialized Epic Comp EVO 29" Mountain Bike 2019
Specialized has taken the tried, tested and much loved cross country racer concept of the Epic, and added some burl to make the Epic Comp EVO 29" Mountain Bike a truly complete trail package..
- Brands Specialized
- Product Code: GPOLL-217
- Availability: 100
Specialized has taken the tried, tested and much loved cross country racer concept of the Epic, and added some burl to make the Epic Comp EVO 29" Mountain Bike a truly complete trail package. The Epic was always a very, very rapid bike, but the spec list was very definitely aimed at the lycra clad XC racer. In its newest, EVO iteration Specialized have changed a few crucial components to give a bike that will be more forgiving, more comfortable and more fun than ever before.
The Epic Comp EVO 29" Mountain Bike sticks with the durable aluminium Epic Comp frame with the BRAIN 2.0 rear shock for 100mm of travel, but ups the ante at the front by using the 120mm Rockshox Reba RL fork for more bounce and a slacker angle. To complement this the Epic Comp EVO 29" gets a wider handlebar, fatter tyres and crucially, an X-Fusion Manic dropper post. These seemingly small changes alter the character of the bike completely and greatly widen its usability. While it would still feel right at home on the start line of an XC race, it is now a bike that can also rip round the local trails and take on big mountain days without feeling out of place.
The single front ring SRAM NX Eagle 12-speed gears provide a huge range of ratios to keep things moving whatever the terrain, while the SRAM Level TL hydraulic disc brakes will provide more than enough stopping power to keep things safe on the way back down.
- FRAME: Specialized M5 Aluminium with D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
- FORK: RockShox Reba RL 29, Motion Control damper, 42mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle, 120mm of travel
- STEM: Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, four bolt, six degree rise
- HANDLEBAR: Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50 tooth
- CRANKSET: Truvativ STYLO, DUB | SRAM Eagle, 32T chainring
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h | Roval Control Alloy 29 inch, 25mm internal width rim | DT Swiss Industry spokes
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h, | Roval Control Alloy 29 inch, 25mm internal width rim | DT Swiss Industry spokes
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Ground Control, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3 inch
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3 inch
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: X-Fusion Manic, 30.9mm, (S: 100mm, M-XL: 125mm)