Specialized Diverge Expert X1 Adventure Road Bike 2019
When they began designing the Diverge Expert, Specialized's objective was simple - to build a bike that could excel on any terrain, totally unfazed by gravel, trail or tarmac. The result is ..
- Brands Specialized
- Product Code: GPOLL-137
- Availability: 100
When they began designing the Diverge Expert, Specialized's objective was simple - to build a bike that could excel on any terrain, totally unfazed by gravel, trail or tarmac. The result is the Diverge Expert X1 Adventure Road Bike.
The key to this bike's versatility is the lightweight FACT 9r frameset. Light enough make easy work of hard gradients, this frame also boasts an ample amount of clearance that allows you to fit up to a 42mm tyre. It is also fitted out with mounts for a rear rack and mudguards, as well as bosses for up to three bottle cages - meaning that while this bike is incredibly fun to ride, it's also one of the most adaptable machines on the road.
Another key feature of this bike is the Future Shock system - a front suspension unit mounted in the headset. This unit offers a generous 20mm of travel, more than enough to soak up the worst of the road buzz on a nasty gravel track. The whole bike, meanwhile, has been built in accordance to Specialized's Open Road Geometry, ensuring that the bike handles with assurance and control even on the most treacherous of off-road descents.
Shifting is provided by SRAM's 1x Force groupset, ensuring seamless and uncluttered performance even during the muddiest days on the bike. The hydraulic brakes, meanwhile, gurantee you assured stopping power no matter the conditions.
Roval C38 carbon wheels help to reduce weight even further, while the supplied Sawtooth tyres provide plenty of grip in the corners, no matter the surface. The package is rounded out with a Specialized finishing kit designed to ensure a comfortable, all-day ride.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Open Road Geometry, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock Progressive suspension, 20mm of travel, flat-mount disc, BB386
- FORK: Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval C38 Disc
- REAR WHEEL: Roval C38 Disc
- INNER TUBES: Presta valve, 48mm
- FRONT TYRE: Sawtooth 2Bliss Ready, 700x38mm
- REAR TYRE: Sawtooth 2Bliss Ready, 700x38mm
- CRANKSET: Praxis Zayante carbon 1x
- CHAINRINGS: 40T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Praxis, PF30
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM Force 1 hydraulic disc with ICJ
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM Force 1, long cage
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG 1150, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CHAIN: KMC X11 EL, 11-speed with Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Force, flat-mount hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Force, flat-mount hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBAR: Specialized Adventure Gear Hover; 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12d flare
- TAPE: S-Wrap Roubaix with sticky gel
- STEM: Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- SADDLE: Body Geometry Phenom Expert, Adaptive Edge design, hollow titanium rails, carbon fibre base, 143mm
- SEATPOST: S-Works CG-R, FACT carbon fibre, single-bolt, 27.2mm
- SEAT BINDER: Diverge collar for carbon frames
- PEDALS: Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball with reflectors