Specialized Crux E5 Sport Cyclocross Bike 2019
If you're looking to make your first moves into the world of Cyclocross, then the Specialized Crux E5 Sport is a fantastic option, offering truly impressive levels of performance at a p..
- Brands Specialized
- Product Code: GPOLL-274
- Availability: 100
If you're looking to make your first moves into the world of Cyclocross, then the Specialized Crux E5 Sport is a fantastic option, offering truly impressive levels of performance at a price that won't break the bank. There's no need to feel restrained to the CX circuit either - with the wide 33mm tyres and durable alloy frame, there's no limit to what this bike could take on.
Specialized have built this bike around an E5 Premium alloy frame paired with a carbon fork - a tough and robust combination that still keeps the weight impressively low for the price. Shifting and braking, meanwhile, is provided for by SRAM's Apex groupset. The 1x setup here is a great option for CX racing, providing a functional, minimalist setup that won't get clogged up with mud like a standard double chainset. With a wide-ranging 11-32 cassette, meanwhile, you have all the gears you'll need to conquer any gradient. The hydraulic disc brakes, meanwhile, ensure extremely reliable stopping performance even in the harshest of riding conditions. Elsewhere, internal cable routing keeps rain and grit away from your gear cables, keeping them shifting smoothly for longer whilst adding to the bikes clean, uncluttered aesthetic.
The bike is rolling on a set of Axis Sport wheels - a long-wearing option that you can rely on to keep you going mile after mile. The Tracer Sport tyres, meanwhile, are CX race-regulation width and will help keep you rubber side down in all riding situations.
- FRAME: Specialized E5 Premium Aluminium, fully manipulated tubing, semi-compact race design, shaped top tube, 1-3/8" lower bearing, internal cable routing, integrated headset, OSBB, post-mount disc, 135mm rear spacing
- FORK: Specialized FACT carbon, disc-specific, quick-release
- STEM: Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- HANDLEBAR: Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- BAR TAPE: Specialized CX Pro Gel
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Apex 1, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Apex 1, hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM Apex 1, long cage, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM Apex 1 hydraulic disc
- CASSETTE: SunRace CSRS3 ,11-speed, 11-32t
- CHAIN: KMC X11, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- CRANKSET: Praxis Alba M30, PF30
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Praxis M30
- PEDALS: Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball with reflectors
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Axis Sport Disc, quick-release
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Axis Sport Disc, quick-release
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Tracer Sport, 700x33mm
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Tracer Sport, 700x33mm
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, single-bolt, 27.2mm