Cervelo R2 105 Road Bike 2018
With technology borrowed from the Cervelo R3, the R2 105 Road Bike offers top engineering and performance at a fantastic price point. A climbing weapon, this bike was developed in the wind t..
- Brands Cervelo
- Product Code: GPOLL-067
- Availability: 100
With technology borrowed from the Cervelo R3, the R2 105 Road Bike offers top engineering and performance at a fantastic price point. A climbing weapon, this bike was developed in the wind tunnel to achieve the perfect balance of rigidity and aerodynamics. Squoval Max tube shapes underly the design, dialled in to provide exacting levels of compliance and stiffness in specific areas of the frame. This combination of tube shapes keeps weight to a minimum and strength to a maximum.
Stable and responsive handling allows you to take technical corners on descents in full confidence. The R2's new geometry has a lower standover height and less toe overlap, while clearance for tyres up to 28mm wide caters for riders wanting additional comfort and grip.
The seatstays and chainstays have been bonded into hollow dropouts to reduce weight and retain strength. Additionally, the internal rear derailleur cable has a straighter line to eliminate bends and cable friction, while shifting is smoother and setup is simple. The BBright asymmetrical 79mm bottom bracket is stiff and light, helping to transfer all your power to the road.
Shimano's latest 105 groupset is reliable and durable, featuring trickle-down technology from their higher-end offerings. Smooth and precise shifting and powerful yet modulated braking inspire confidence whether training, racing or out riding on the weekend club run. Future-Proof Cable Management ensures the frameset is compatible with mechanical and electronic systems, with interchangeable cable stops that snap into place and can be swapped out if you decide to upgrade.
Shimano RS010 wheels are a great everyday option that are stiff and strong, while the Continental Ultra Sport II 25c tyres will ensure supreme grip and comfort and excellent protection against punctures.
- FRAME: Cervelo R2 all-carbon frameset
- FORK: Cervelo All-Carbon, tapered R2 Fork
- HEADSET: FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2
- STEM: Cervélo Performance Alloy
- HANDLEBAR: Cervélo Performance Alloy Compact
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano 105 5800
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano 105 5800
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 5800, 11-28
- CHAIN: Shimano CN-HG601, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Shimano RS510, 50/34
- BOTTOM BRACKET: BBB Bottomfit BBO-72, PF24 Threaded
- PEDALS: N/A
- FRONT WHEEL: Shimano RS010
- REAR WHEEL: Shimano RS010
- FRONT TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 25mm, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 25mm, clincher
- SADDLE: Cervélo Comfort Race
- SEATPOST: Cervélo Performance Alloy