Scott Plasma Premium Triathlon Bike 2018
The ultimate in against-the-clock performance, the Scott Plasma Premium Triathlon Bike 2018 is the choice of none other than the Brownlee brothers - a fact that is a testament to the immense..
- Brands Scott
- Product Code: GPOLL-247
- Availability: 100
The ultimate in against-the-clock performance, the Scott Plasma Premium Triathlon Bike 2018 is the choice of none other than the Brownlee brothers - a fact that is a testament to the immense technical advantages that this bike offers. Supremely aerodynamic, lightweight, and hugely strong, the Plasma Premium simply excels in the world of triathlon.
Close attention to detail over the course of the frame, this bike boasts Scott's HMX carbon fibre construction for an unbeatable level of stiffness, rated at a full 20% better than Scott's HMF carbon fibre. This stiffness translating into an impressive level of integral strength and huge rigidity throughout, this bike doesn't absorb any energy in the form of flex and instead allows you to transfer that energy into going even faster.
This HMX fibre wound in accordance with Scott's revolutionary NET or Naked External Tube philosophy, the Plasma Premium makes every weight saving possible, shaving the external layer of carbon fibre used for applying paint, and instead painting onto the raw frame. Measures like this seeing the entire machine come to just 8.65 kilos, this bike is sure to offer a responsive and intuitive feel across a diverse range of courses.
Aerodynamics critical, this bike offers the rider a number of targeted gains. The F01-X230 parametric airfoil design delivers a vastly improved efficiency for the rider on the bike, taking into concern the relative nature of airflows hitting each and every structure of the bike. Clean air neatly parted and turbulent air reunited through innovative shaping, this bike provides an advanced approach to aerodynamics. Integrated front and rear brakes going even further to help this bike in progressing at pace, a fully shielded approach means you that you can make real gains, however small.
Fully equipped with Shimano's Dura-Ace 9150 Di2 electronic groupset and providing seamless gear changes, a push of a button is all that's needed to flick between rings. Precise and meticulously engineered, this bike is kitted out for an unbelievable level of performance on the road.
Rolling on Zipp's 404 Firecrest front wheel and an 808 Firecrest Carbon clincher rear wheel, you can be further assured of the very best equipment and the most fiercely aerodynamic performance possible. A Scott Plasma HMX seatpost offering a rigid and unflexing perch on this bike, you can be sure to deliver all your power.
Fully integrated storage for energy and nutrition, this bike takes the needs of the hardcore triathlete at the highest level seriously and makes sure that they have everything they need to deliver on the day.
- FRAME: Scott Plasma 5 / IMP technology / HMX / TT / TRI Geometry / Plasma HMX seatpost / Replaceable hanger / UCI approved
- FORK: Scott Plasma 5/ 1"- 1 1/8" Carbon / integrated
- HANDLEBAR: Profile Plasma 5 Aeria, flat, 420mm, Profile T5+Carbon
- STEM: Profile Plasma 5 TRI, 30°, 85mm
- HEADSET: Syncros Integrated / 1 - 1 1/8" drop-in headset
- FRONT BRAKE: Scott KB136
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Dura Ace BR-R9110R, direct mount
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Di2 ST-R9160
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura-Ace FD-R9150, electronic shift system
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura-Ace RD-R9150, 22-speed electronic
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Di2 SW-R9160
- CASSETTE: Shimano Dura Ace CS-R9100, 11-28 T
- CHAIN: Shimano Dura Ace CN-HG901-11
- CHAINSET: Shimano Dura-Ace FC-R9100, 39/53 T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano SM-BB92-41B
- FRONT WHEEL: Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Continental Grand Prix 4000s II, 700 x 25mm
- REAR TYRE: Continental Grand Prix 4000s II, 700 x 25mm
- SADDLE: Syncros RR1.0 TRI
- SEATPOST: Plasma HMX with Ritchey WCS clamp, adjustable head