Trek Checkpoint SL 5 Disc Gravel Bike 2019
With a frame constructed of Trek’s own, super strong and lightweight, 500 Series OCLV carbon, the Trek Checkpoint SL 5 Gravel Disc Disc Road Bike brings performance technology to a..
- Brands Trek
- Product Code: GPOLL-191
- Availability: 100
With a frame constructed of Trek’s own, super strong and lightweight, 500 Series OCLV carbon, the Trek Checkpoint SL 5 Gravel Disc Disc Road Bike brings performance technology to all-road capability. Whether you are stomping down the watts at the front of a gravel race or exploring new landscapes on a bikepacking adventure, the sophisticated technologies deliver comfort and compliance to maintain performance whatever the surface. Central to this is Trek’s IsoSpeed decoupler which allows the seat tube to flex with the forces of the road. The result smooths the surface, whether that’s gravel, tarmac or cobbles, for greater comfort and compliance, and reduces the impact of muscle-fatiguing vibrations so you’ll go further, faster, for longer.
All new lightweight flat mount hydraulic disc brakes will give you confidence and control when descending, reducing tension and fatigue in the arms, back and shoulders, and the Ride Tuned seatmast, passed down from pro cycling and designed for the impact of multi-day riding, again enhances comfort over rough surfaces.
Carbon armour protects impact-prone areas of the frame from the increased debris that comes with riding on gravel and loose surfaces and the massive tyre clearance gives maximum flexibility to fit a tyre to suit your ride, from a 28c all the way up to a 45c for traction and control when things get gritty.
The frame also features a Stranglehold Dropout design which lets you manipulate the wheelbase by 15 mm to customise your ride feel - longer for a more relaxed, cruising style, or shorter to suit a technical trail. You can also easily swap-in a single-speed setup. This bike comes with the excellent Shimano 105 groupset, with a 50/34t compact crankset and 11-speed 11-34t cassette, which combine to provide plenty of gearing options for tackling hard hilly days, even with a full load.
- FRAME: Trek 500 Series OCLV Carbon, Rear IsoSpeed, Stranglehold dropouts, tapered head tube, BB90, flat mount disc brakes, rack mounts and hidden mudguard mounts, Control Freak, internal cable routing, 12 mm thru axle, 3S chain keeper, Ride Tuned seatmast
- FORK: Trek Checkpoint carbon disc, carbon tapered steerer, flat mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12 mm thru axle
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, with computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBAR: Bontrager RL IsoZone VR-CF, 31.8 mm
- BAR TAPE: Bontrager tape
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano BR-BR7070 flat mount hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano BR-BR7070 flat mount hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano HG700, 11-34,11-speed
- CHAIN: Shimano HG600, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Shimano 105, 50/34 (compact)
- BOTTOM BRACKET: BB90
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Tubeless Ready, Bontrager alloy sealed bearing hub, 12 mm alloy axle, CenterLock
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Tubeless Ready, Bontrager alloy sealed bearing hub, 12mm alloy axle, CenterLock
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe G-One Allround, aramid bead, TL Easy, 700 x 35c
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe G-One Allround, aramid bead, TL Easy, 700 x 35c
- SADDLE: Bontrager Montrose Comp
- SEATPOST: Bontrager Ride Tuned seatmast cap, 10mm offset
- WEIGHT: 56 cm - 9.60 kg (21.17 lbs)